Category: Photo Prompt
Photojournalist Duncan Davidson talked about “finding the photograph right in front of you” utilizing the process of “walking meditation.”
Separate from each other. Take a walk BY YOURSELF around campus. And find that one object you can see clearly — more clearly than ever before. Take the photo and post it, explaining what you are seeing for the first time.
This project is due by 1 p.m. today.
Shoot and post a minimum of three photos from MCOM Experience Day.
- Photos can be shot with smartphone or DSLR
- Cutlines are required. Get names of everyone in the shot.
- No more than two photos can be taken in same room.
- editing is OK.
Photos should be posted by 5 p.m. on Oct. 23.
Enjoy your Fall Break … but take some pictures too!
Whether it’s a cookout, hiking in the mountains, traveling with your team, heading home for the weekend, chilling in the dorms or surviving a hurricane, shoot and post three photos with cutlines that showcase how Piedmont students spend their Fall Break. Two of the photos must have people (not you) in them.
Use your phone for this assignment.
Assignment: Capture three photos – at least two action shots – of one (or both) of these events:
• Dress rehearsal of Cabaret, tonight at 7 p.m.
• World College Radio Day, Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
o Marion, 8-9 a.m.
o Amin (with Marion), 9-11 a.m.
o Radio 1 class, 11 a.m. – noon
o Joey & Garrett, 12-1 p.m.
o Just Joe, 1-2 p.m.
o Flavortown Friday, 2-3 p.m.
o Caitlin (capstone), 4-4:30 p.m.
o Savannah, 4:30-6 p.m.
• There is no formal class meeting on Friday, Oct. 4.
• Photos can be taken with the camera of your choice
• Photos must be in color
• A person/people must be in at least two of the photos
• Crop and edit as necessary
• Every photo needs a cutline of at least two sentences. The first sentence should state at a minimum the “who” and “what,” and the second sentence should provide context.
• Post photos to the blog no later than 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 7.